Friday, September 3, 2010

A month out!

Wow! I can hardly believe how fast time has flown by! Can you believe in about 3 1/2 months Christmas will be here... CHRISTMAS!!?!?? God has been so faithful to me this year and led me through some dark times. But with the dark times... he led me into some very bright moments in my life. I want to give a little update on my life since I have been really lacking on the blogging end... you know... being a big girl might do this to a girl. Haha!

I am ONE MONTH out from Romania... actually 27 days! I am so excited for what God has in store for our team that he is hand picked to do his work! I feel like I should be making lists and packing. I ought to get on that! I am just really curious on how to pack for the weather! I ask that everyone just pray for our team as we go and do A LOT of extractions in just a short 8 days! Pray that God will be evident in our spirits and the people of Brasov will see him through us. I get chills thinking about it! We recently had our "Packing  Party" where we have about 6 suitcases full of medicine and supplies ready to go! All of which are under 50 pounds! :)! God is so faithful to provide all of that for us! Any overseas traveling advice would be MUCH appreciated from anyone!

I am officially a team member of Burleson Family Dentistry as I have completed my 90-day probationary period. Can you believe, THREE MONTHS of working!? Crazy! I am so excited to see where God leads my career. I have grown so much in those short three months! God is so good and has blessed me endlessly already!

In late September, a wonderful woman named Barbara and I will be kicking off Secret Keeper Girls at FBC Cabot for girls ages 8 to 12! It is a study for Moms and Daughters! If you know anyone who would be interested! Have them contact me or sign up in the commons at FBC the next 3 Sunday mornings! I am so excited about this study and to get to know a new group of girls! God has really planted a seed in my heart for young women and has led me to some neat places with them!

9 months to the day I found out about my issues with cervical cancer, I am cancer free and abnormal cell free! Praise God for this. I will go for another check up in December but things are beginning to look promising! What a year?!

I have a wonderful "special someone" in my life who has caught me by complete surprise. He literally came out of no where in really unique timing. I am sure he will be making more appearances on my blog! But God has already blessed me through him and has shown me what a true sweetheart and gentleman and more importantly man of God looks like. I am so thankful for him and his little one, they have been my smile on days where I didn't think I could. God has shown me that he will provide whom he wants for me, not what I had set out for myself... and for that I am FOREVER grateful! 

Well, it is a big family weekend for this Labor Day weekend! I pray that everyone has a safe holiday and be smart! Enjoy the people God has provided in your life and don't take them for granted.

Today is a great day because God let me laugh with my "recycled teenager" of a Grandma (yes she did say that herself! Haha).

Live. Laugh. Love.

Melissa

No comments:

Post a Comment