Monday, September 27, 2010

In four short sleeps...

It's crazy to think that in 4 (very short) sleeps and 3 quick days my life will change. I don't just think it will change. I know it will change. God has been so very gracious to hand pick me for such a journey with an amazing team and to experience such an amazing change to come. It has been my prayer that God just open my heart and mind to anything he wants to show me about myself, about my life... anything. It is also my prayer that I be consistent with those things even after my return. I know God has great things in store for the "RoMed" team! The journey so far to this point has been one that I just love to share because it can only be written by the Lord himself... nothing I did... painted this picture that is about to unveiled. He has broken me, opened my eyes, humbled me, provided for me and held his truths (as always).  We serve such an amazing Savior and I am so blessed that He calls me his.

This past Friday, I went to a wonderful surgeon at Baptist Springhill to figure out all this discomfort and worry I have been experiencing. He said that it could be just a severe muscle strain, a small hernia or maybe even both. But (the good news) I am okay to travel! I cannot lift anything to heavy but I am at a very low risk of having the hernia rupture on this trip. What is even more neat: My doctor has been to Romania and made me feel more at ease about the health care there. Now, the hernia will need to be fixed with time because it will get bigger and bigger. But I can live with a diagnosis like that! Did I mention that God is so good?

During my trip, I will have times where I have access to the internet. As much as I would love to email individuals... this could be time consuming and I doubt I'll have much time! So to keep everyone (who is interested) updated I will update my blog about what God is doing and about the team! I cannot wait to share!

I am finalizing my packing (hopefully tomorrow!) I ask that prayers go up for all of the RoMed team. I pray everyone's suitcases meet weight limits, flight restrictions and customs guidelines to ensure a smooth travel. I pray for our supplies suitcases, that they make it with no issues and can be used to better the life of these amazing people in Romania. I pray for the hearts of the people that we will be touching. Maybe we'll just plant a seed, maybe we'll water the seed or maybe (how awesome) we could see a flower bloom from souls that need the Lord so desperately! In any case, I pray for them. I ask for prayers of safety, energy, love and endurance. The power of prayers are amazing... so don't forget!

I am heading to the missions service at Faith Missionary Baptist on Wednesday night! I will hopefully post one more time before I head out Friday morning!

Until next time.

Live. Laugh. Love.

Melissa

No comments:

Post a Comment