Friday, August 13, 2010

He said it.

"May God himself, the God who makes everything holy and whole, make you holy and whole, put you together—spirit, soul, and body—and keep you fit for the coming of our Master, Jesus Christ. The One who called you is completely dependable. If he said it, he'll do it" (1 Thessalonians 5:24 MSG)

How often do we forget as Christians that God is completely dependable? If you really think about it (and I know I am guilty of this), we ask "Why?" a lot. "Why didn't I get this job?" "Why can't I look like that?" "Why have I experienced so much hurt when I remain so faithful?" "Why me?" But why are we asking why to God... the God of EVERYTHING. He has a purpose in EVERYTHING. God knit EVERY fiber of my being and literally knows every depth of my mind and soul. Therefore, in all logic, I know that I should know that he knows (wow that's a mouth full!) everything about me. So why do I ask why? God is the most dependable person. He just asks us to seek him first above all else and find ourselves consumed in his Word and promises. I have learned the answer to "Why?" is often a short distance to your knees or a turn of a page away.

I want to reiterate again: God... the God of EVERYTHING knit EVERY fiber of my being. Not only did He knit every fiber of my being but He made it "whole" in him. He turned my sinful imperfection to perfection. To think EVERY fiber... tiny cells... DNA... all are so complex. But by the hand of God... He simply knit me together.. perfect by His saving grace. Precious Lord, thank you, THANK YOU for your grace. I have had the interesting privilege of seeing a human cadaver in a gross anatomy lab setting. If you ever get the rare chance to do this or even just study on the complexities of the human body, do it. To see every muscle, nerve, tendon, bone... every fiber woven and wired together to create life, GOD DID THAT. To hold a heart that once was beating and lungs that took breath in...GOD WIRED THAT. The answer to "Why?" is so simple with God when you think about Him in this manner... "Why?" Because you gave me precious life, Lord. Life that has been made perfect by your sacrifice. You took the fall for me. 

God calls us, He commands us and He guides us through his word, convictions and visions. This past year, God has proved to me every day how dependable he is, even when I doubt. He calls, He says it and He does it. He is ever faithful. Lord, take my "Whys" and turn them into instant "Because God CAN"s. 

I read this in my quiet time today and I think it is fitting to the times when we feel defeated and don't remember God's dependence. Psalm 17: 16-19 (A prayer of David) NIV: "He reached down from on high and TOOK HOLD OF ME; he drew me out of deep waters. He RESCUED ME from my powerful enemy, from my foes, who were too strong for me. They confronted me in the day of my disaster BUT THE LORD WAS MY SUPPORT. He brought me out into a spacious place; he rescued me BECAUSE HE DELIGHTED IN ME." God said and he does.

Today is a great day because God says and always does... even when the "does" isn't what you expect at all.

Live. Laugh. Love.

Melissa

 

No comments:

Post a Comment