Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Back to the "real world"

I titled the "real world" with quotations because so many people today said, "So, how does it feel to be back in the real world?" I would reply "It's okay! I wish I could go back." Truth is... this isn't the "real world" to me anymore. I was in the real world. The real world isn't glamorous and it's not full of all the luxuries that I have. The real world is hard where people  have to grow up to fast because life is tough and you have to be tough for it. It's full of lost people, it has saved people, people who have seeds planted. So, I'll say... I'm back in the world God blessed me with because I feel that's the most true statement.

I am really happy to be back and I missed everyone. But it is a really bittersweet. I did leave 1/2 of my heart there. And as Sandy said, I probably won't really get it back until I go back.... then I'll leave it again. I will have to live with it. But pray in the days ahead as the things laid on my heart progress and play themselves out in God's timing.

I wasn't really able to blog the whole trip so I kept a journal throughout the trip. As the days progress, I will post parts from my journal along with some pictures from the days.

I will be uploading pictures to Facebook soon enough but just know, I will post mostly pictures from our 2 days of sight seeing and pictures from clinic that are appropriate for public audiences (i.e. ones without blood and the devastation of people's mouths before and after treatment) and ones that do not exploit the people of Romania in a way that is disrespectful. Just know that our team did not spend all our time sight seeing, if you see tons of pictures of scenery and hardly any of clinic.... it's just a respect thing. If you really want to see clinic pictures, I will show them only in private.

Thank you for your support during my trip and in the days to come. God is so good. I mentioned this at work today as a challenge and God really laid it on my heart... If God is calling you to a certain path, to him for a personal relationship or some place.... do not turn the other cheek and make excuses (when sometimes that's the easy way out). Trust in him and turn to him and place every ounce of faith you have in him and don't walk but run to him. You won't be let down.

Live. Laugh. Love.

Melissa

1 comment: