Monday, January 4, 2010

Today is a good day.

The Lord has divine planning. The Lord doesn't make mistakes and he knows exactly what he is doing (even though it might not be what you think).

I am asking for a whole army of prayers from everybody. I thank everyone for the love and support I have received and yet to receive in the days to come. The power of prayer is beyond anything human.

I received a call today that I know will change the way I look at my life forever. I have been having issues with my body for a while now that I knew were not normal. As school ended I underwent a lot of blood tests and a pelvic ultra sound. They found nothing. I was really happy and went on about my way but I knew something was not normal. I had another exam done and finally received a call today. Something is wrong. I have a lot abnormal cells in my body that do not belong there. On a scale of low risk to high risk for those abnormal cells becoming Cervical Cancer, unfortunately my odd cells lie at the very top of that scale. As my doctor spoke to me, there was just so much information involved with tackling this to make sure there is not cancer already there and that there are not too many abnormal cells that we needed to take very serious drastic action. Luckily, I have a very thorough doctor and she is taking immediate action so I have the best outcome possible. That is a blessing in itself. If not for her caring, this could have gone unnoticed. I am going next week to have some biopsies taken and we are hoping for the best! It was so overwhelming to even face the chance of the "C" word. I spent a lot of the afternoon just numb but at the same time full of emotion. I have a wonderful family, boyfriend and friends who have left their love and support with me. I thank you guys for enduring my tears and just letting me talk. In such a time, I am lucky that I have a God and faith that never fails in my present time of need. No problem is too big for my God.

After I had just found out and called my family. I had to go to the post office and all I could think about was how terrible I looked and it was so obvious that something was wrong. I was waiting in the long line at the post office when I heard a woman say from behind me, "Hey! Happy New Year! Isn't it so cold outside!" This woman can only be described as probably the most happy and just straight joyful person I have ever met. I could feel her rub off on me a little and I began to talk with her. We talked about our holidays and how we enjoyed them. She began to tell me about the stack of letters that laid in her hand. She said she felt compelled to send this poem called "Today Is a Good Day" to her friends and family. She described it as this spiritual and uplifting poem and then she quoted a couple of lines from the poem to me. I can't remember it the exact wording but the lines she quoted said that in life you may face what you think is impossible; you might stare death in the face and have problems you think are more than you can bear; But Today is a Good Day because the Lord is with you and never leaves you. He never gives you more than you can take; He has a plan. It took everything I had not to cry to this woman, but I think she knew in her heart. I smiled at her and said Today is a Good Day. It was my turn at the desk and I went up. I had to fill out paperwork so she went while I did so. I though the lady had left as I finished up my purchase and began to walk out. I saw her standing there and she smiled at me and told me to have a great new year and remember "Today is a good day!" and I said "Yes, Today is a good day." I truly think I met my angel today because that encounter was totally God-designed and a true divine appointment! Today is a Good Day. Thank you Lord.

There is a reason why this is happening. One that I cannot see. But the Lord has shown himself to me through the lady in the post office, song and kind words from people. I am not alone. I have hope in the Lord regardless of the outcome.

Again, just pray! I know God will never fail me. Thank you again for caring. I'll leave you with this verse I found while reading the bible in Romans.

Romans 5: 1-6
"Therefore, since we have been justified through faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ, through whom we have gained access by faith into this grace in which we now stand. And we rejoice in the hope of the glory of God. Not only so, but we also rejoice in our sufferings, because we know that suffering produces perseverance; perseverance character; and character, hope. And hope does not disappoint us, because God has poured out his love into our hearts by the Holy Spirit, whom he has given us. You see, at just the right time, when we were still powerless, Christ died for the ungodly."

Thank you Lord for hope. Until next time.

Live. Laugh. Love.
Today is a good day.

Melissa

No comments:

Post a Comment