Friday, October 29, 2010

October 3, 2010

On October 3rd we visited churches at Brasov and Feldioara. I truly enjoyed this experience! It was really neat to experience a church in a different language yet God is the great connector... Amazing. Enjoy...

"There are so many feelings that came with today. I woke up feeling so rested but it was more so because I had no sleep the day before hardly. We went to the Brasov church in the morning. It was so neat to hear "Lord, I lift your name on high" in Romanian but our team singing it in English simultaneously. God knows no language, no border, no passport, no race or age. He loves all and calls us as his own. (How cool?!) I felt again, the world is huge. What is pronounced..."Pache" or "Peace," people say it as they greet one another or say goodbye. They say it with such a respect and love to everyone. I think it's customary almost to do it all that are in the room. What ever happened to greeting one another at church? It is like someone decided it took up too much time and removed it from the time in service. What better way to spread the love of God than to fellowship with those around you who worshiping God as well? I've yet to figure out when churches became so business minded rather than people minded. The Romanians have beautiful voices too."

"Tonight we went to church at Feldoiara. Feldoiara is a town outside of Brasov and much different. I really did love the church here. The people were loving and inviting. God has consumed them and it is beautiful. Mandra... one of the women there, you could read the love of God all over her face. She shared a song with us. What a blessing to see the love of Christ so alive in somebody!  We gave them VBS supplies. Simple supplies gave such wonderful looks of joy on their faces as they knew that they would be able to bring the love of God to their children. I can't even begin to thank God for this blessing of Romania and our team. I cannot wait for clinic tomorrow."

That night I was reading through Psalm and found this and wrote it down:
"But as for me, I will always have hope; I will praise you more and more. My mouth will tell of your righteousness of your salvation all day long, though I know not it's measure. I will come and proclaim your mighty acts, O sovereign Lord. I will proclaim your righteousness, yours alone." -Psalm 71:14-16

At Feldoiara church, Brother Roger from Mississippi preached of God using ordinary people to do his work. It really touched me in a way. God called me... little ordinary Melissa to do work in Romania. Think about the things that God calls you to do... big or small... to do his work. Embrace it and live it.

Live. Laugh. Love.

Going into the Brasov church!

Their beautiful baptistry!

Hymms

Pastor Luchie, Donna and their beautiful kids!

Waiting for service to start!

Mandra singing for us at Feloiara church

Savina opening VBS supplies!

Feldoiara Church... Mandra to my left. Beautiful women of God.
Melissa


No comments:

Post a Comment