Friday, October 15, 2010

The Start

As promised, I said I would begin blogging about journal entries through my journey. Now of course I won't write everything (some of it written was meant only for God and myself) but for the most part... I will share my heart through the trip... So we'll start with October 1st... The start of the trip. I wrote this in the Memphis Airport sprawled out across a few seats. I was really excited, nervous and ready to get going!

October 1, 2010 "The Start"
"I have been praying hard for God's direction in my life on this trip and there after. I feel like the Devil has tried to keep me from this trip--hernia, sickness and negativity. But God is ever faithful and here I am. Today, I will leave and become changed--forever. Isn't it weird to think that I will come back a new person... a person I don't even know yet." (From me now: God is so good. And yes, I came back very changed in many ways. I praise him for that).

"I am waiting in Memphis for our connection to Amsterdam. From there we head to Bucharest then to Brasov. Sounds easy, right? 23 hours of travel once it is all said and done. We have spent almost 5 hours in Memphis! But a blessing... we are already checked in for our flight--so no lines, no 'holding.' We board at 6:40 pm. We already got our baggage checked. We have so many supplies and medicines... the one bag that gets checked thoroughly... VBS supplies. Go figure. The flight we will go on is 10 hours... I'm actually a little nervous. But God is here. I can feel it. I'm ready to start."

God really blessed our team and putting together a group of us who worked so well. He watched over our supplies that we needed and saw us each through to start an amazing journey. I can't help but smile on that... God is really good.

1 comment:

  1. Remembering you & the team & always praying!! God is faithful! If God is for us, then who can ever stop us?!

    ReplyDelete