Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Patience

My mother has no idea that I'm writing this but here you go Mom! My Mom is such a woman of God and has such a heart for serving others and for the Lord. She has such a strength in prayer and in patience. Only my Mom can begin to understand how she has taught me patience and strength in prayer since I was a very little girl. I thank her everyday for her patience with me, our family, our hard times... everything. I am so thankful for her heart. She posts encouraging statuses on her Facebook every day. Today she posted this:

"Patience with others brings peace to our own soul. Lord, help me to display patience even when I do not feel patient because everyone will benefit, but me most of all."

I never considered the thought of being patient with someone bring myself peace until I read that because I am seeing that first hand. When we are patient, we are more in tune with God, others and ourselves, even if it is with someone else. Thank you God for giving me the ability to be patient. I pray to use it more often. 

So I will be patient and count my blessings that God gives me for doing so. It's funny how God reveals the most to us when we choose to remain silent. He gives us strength for decisions that lie ahead.

Today is a good day because I was patient and felt better.

Live. Laugh. Love.

Melissa 

 


No comments:

Post a Comment