Sunday, November 13, 2011

A New Start and a Little Blogging Facelift!

Hey everyone! I seriously can't believe I haven't posted since January. It has been such a whirlwind year that can only be described as perfect. Isn't funny how the best things in life are the ones that are not apart of your plans. I think it is so true when they say that "You make plans and God laughs at them."

Through 2010, God took me through the most amazing journey. From teaching me how to trust and just "be," to graduating college and finding my first job; From meeting some really precious people and showing me Romania and what God has planned there, to beginning a relationship with my soul mate... my best friend... Jon.

As 2011 came, God has taken my heart and grown it in so many wonderful ways. In January, I found myself face to face with Jon and just knowing, he was it. God has blessed me with such an incredible person and on April 27, Jon asked me to be his wife. Finally, on October 8, I became a Roe. It was such a WONDERFUL day. I can honestly say (after so many wedding day horror stories!) our day was perfect for us. Yes, little things went array (like anything in life) but they were indeed little. Thank you to all who made our day so special.

So, now that I feel we are "updated" and I am sure I'll write more about the wedding day and share some photos from Kristina Eisenhower Photography... now to share some of her newlywed adventures.

The day after the wedding, I woke up with this headache and really wasn't feeling to great. Sadly, my "not feeling great" showed in the form of hugging the porcelain throne. That's all I'll say. Ha Ha. From getting sick while trying to get ready for our post-wedding day brunch at my parents and also on the way there, finally a sweet friend and her mother had the most wonderful thing ever... a Zoforan (anti-nausea pill). Luckily, I made it! We then honeymooned to the AMAZING Punta Cana, Dominican Republic Dreams Resort. (Highly recommend it to everyone!) Upon our arrival back home (plus 5 days), Jon came down with some really bad sickness. After a not so fun couple of days, doctor visit and finally an ER visit, we found out he had E-Coli. It was very scary but luckily, he is feeling much better.

I have made the joke to a lot of my patients, "We are testing our vows early." But what I have been told repeatedly, a marriage that is not the easiest in the beginning is going to be a great marriage. Based on the fun we have and just enjoying these days, I think they are right.

I know I didn't write of anything of much interest but more to come (as a promise to blog more!) Next time, you will learn about my new obsession but I'll post a clue:

http://www.evitaminstore.com/Juicing-for-Life-by-Cherie-Calbom-127797.html

But for now, it's bed time for this working girl.
Live. Laugh. Love.

Melissa


No comments:

Post a Comment