Saturday, March 27, 2010

Almost over!

Wow! I realized.. it's been nearly two months since I have posted! But... boards kind of take me over! So I better get this thing caught up!

Well!! I have turned 22 since the 7th and I have had some neat things happening in my life!

Tomorrow I am about to conclude my "Esther" study! I am so excited about what the study has done! I know these girls have touched my life in such a way that I can't even explain. It's been really excited to see two of "my girls" go forward with professions of faith. Aside from Esther, the wonderful women of the Girls Ministry have embraced me and involved me with a very exciting event coming to Truman, AR. It is a Mom and Daughter day in which they get to hear the real scoop on real life issues. I am speaking about inner garbage and the things that can contribute to it. More importantly, I get to share the message of what God says about it all and the promises he has given us! I am truly excited about it!!

I took my National Dental Hygiene Board Exam this past Monday. I am so relieved it is over!! Yet, the waiting has begun and I feel nervous again! I feel good about my exam but I will feel even better when I see that I passed. It has been a whirl wind of a semester and I look back and I can say I am proud because I studied my hardest and I knew my stuff. Of course, I didn't know everything... but really no one ever will. I feel weird that I am not freaking out about it all but it is comforting to know that the Lord has given me the peace I prayed for. Thanks God!

After I took my test, the parents and I went to go visit my sister and her hubby! I was so excited because it's been 2 1/2 months since I have seen her! Definitely the longest in our lives that we have ever been separated! I refuse to let it be that long again!  It was a good time though! I fell in LOVE with that city, it is a lot of fun!

I am going to Romania... FOR SURE in the Fall! God has such a very neat way of working things out! Sandy, a lady that I have known since I was a young teen (for those of you who know my family really well.. Drew's mother), has been asking me to go to Romania... for probably close to two years (since I started hygiene school). I would always have some excuse as to why it wouldn't work: school, pageants, money, passport and other obligations. How selfish... I'm almost embarrassed to say all of that. But this is all very humbling. I knew I really wanted to go so I started saying sure but all the while keeping my selfish wants in the forefront. Well behold... God showed me what he wanted in the forefront. (This is totally where the neat part starts!) From stuff with the passport, timing, stress and worrying about a job, I began to freak out about everything on my plate... the main thing being a pageant on April 3rd. I cried "God, how am I going to do all of this stuff with boards, jobs, and things to pay for!! Help me!" Me being selfish... I said I'm stressed. I'm doing this pageant and the rest will fall in line. (Most of you know how many prelims I've done this year without win... all for good reason). Shortly after my plead with God and my selfish moment. Sandy came in to get Drew and asks "Melissa, are you going to Romania!?" I gave her the usual... "well boards and school and a job.. passport stuff... and the pageant... I'll get back to you." (again, quite ashamed...) So Sandy (and Jesus) clearly say: "Okay, here are the guidelines for this: I need to know you are going by April 3rd (I think to myself: OMG the day of the pageant. I think I can now see God laughing at me a little) and all you have to put down right now is 100 dollars (I think again: OMG that's the amount of money I was spending for the pageant. God is probably smiling me at this point saying... OKAY goofy... hear me now!?). I was silenced. My Mom and Sandy leave and just sheer embarrassment flooded over me and it was quite obvious how selfish I had been and where God wanted me to be... not doing this pageant but doing his work in Romania. Luckily for me my passport will be in in plenty of time... which was a worry! I cannot wait to see what God has in store and I thank the Lord for being SO blunt with me. :)

Today is a good day: because I realized Jesus calls me daily even when I dont deserve it. He never gives up.

Until next time...
Live. Laugh. Love.

Melissa








No comments:

Post a Comment