Sunday, October 6, 2013

Possible.

I was really debating writing today for a couple reasons. One, I'm exhausted. For some reason I do not remember being this tired last time. One would think at my ripe age of 25, I'd go full steam like I did when I was 22 (on my last visit.) Unfortunately, not the case this year! It will get better though! Two, today was a down day to prepare for clinic this week. But God kept prompting me to write and by the time I sat down for my quiet time tonight, I knew what he wanted me to write about... I had no choice.

 We went to church in Feldioara today and saw some familiar faces from our last visit! It was such a joy to see these precious people and meet new ones today that will be present during our clinic time! It warmed my heart to hug these people and have them remember our last visit together.

In church, we worshipped with the Romanians in song and in the Word. Bro. Jerry preached an awesome message on Jeremiah 33:3 in service today and shared the wonderful message of our God remaining constantly when nothing else seems constant. And that His grace is sufficient because I cannot do it on my own. Ever. No man can do this life on their own. All we have to do is just call on Him.Truly think about that for a second. The God who made your/my very being WANTS and ASKS me, a dirty and not righteous sinner, to call on Him, the King of Kings, and the Great I Am. When we call, He keeps His promise to show us great and mighty things. He makes our frustrations and I can't statements more hopeful, more possible.

Possible. God knew what to put that in my quiet time to tug my heart right into this blog to share His message. As I opened up my bible app that houses my daily devotional to read this simple yet powerful verse, "But Jesus beheld them and said unto them, 'With men this is impossible; but with God all things are possible.' " God intended that message alone to be the lesson of the day. I have to confess that I get nervous about clinic. I am numbing up the patient for the dentist and I LOVE giving local shots (Yes, I'm weird!). But I worry constantly that what if I don't numb them enough, what if I don't hit the right "landmark," what if I hurt the patient and what if they are uncomfortable. These are legitimate worries in my mind but boy do I feel silly as I type them because I KNOW that God already is overcoming these worries. Yet, God is gentle with my stubborn self and he lets me have a lesson twice in one day to really hear what he is saying. We serve a God of possibilities when things seem not so perfect and even impossible. Simple. But again, powerful. I needed this because I will surely fail in my own worries but will only rise above when I trust my worry and my fear to the Lord.  Pray that I will put my impossibilities in the One who is author of possibilities and Hope, Jesus Christ. Pray with me also, that very same prayer for our team as we have hit a lot of unknowns this trip.

I cannot wait to post about all the miracles and successes tomorrow that will be made POSSIBLE through our Heavenly Father. Pray for our team as we provide physical care to those who are in dire need but also, nurture their spirit as well. It is going to be a busy day! We had one patient actually come to church because she thought we started clinic today. She was READY with a capital R and I'm sure she would have let Dr. Joel pull a tooth on the spot. I know we are READY to see these special people of Feldioara and with our Abba's help... The impossible made possible. Pray that for our team.

Thank you for your prayers and kind emails! You guys ROCK! Update for our week: we have added an extra clinic day this week to work in the city of Brasov. We worked there last visit and I know there are souls waiting to be met with Christ's love and compassion through our work and His word.

Until tomorrow.

Live. Laugh. And possibilities.

Melissa

No comments:

Post a Comment