Sunday, June 6, 2010

Realizing what "true love" is....

No, I haven't struck true love, yet. No, I'm not engaged. Nor am I getting married. The "true love" I am referring to, is more of a life "true love" (if you will); more so of a realization that can only mean one thing: I am growing up.

Last week was my first full week of work at my new job! Needless to say, I am so incredibly blessed. I work in a beautiful office, with wonderful people for a strong christian dentist. I even get to listen to good positive music all day while I work on some really nice (most of the time) and definitely interesting patients! I work Tuesday through Friday! No weekends and NO MONDAYS! It is a pretty awesome schedule! Overall, I had a wonderful week but as with any job I'm sure, I did have a really off day.

To put my off day in short: I really couldn't please a lady who was a parent of a child I saw (I actually made her pretty upset, I guess.), I had a late patient, a non-compliant patient and a patient who would rather be anywhere but the dentist office.  Not going to lie, for having such a perfect week before this day, I almost did shed a few tears. But as I left for the day and I was driving home, I realized I will always have an off day every once in a while. More importantly though, I realized that even though my day really didn't go my way, I still want to go back to work because I truly genuinely love what I do. That to me is a life "true love." Thank you, God for equipping me with gifts to do my job and help people. 

Tomorrow is my first official "day off!" What to do?! I have finally found a new apartment, so I know I have to go do things for that! Otherwise, I am excited about going back to work on Tuesday! :)

Until next time! Today was a good day because I got to relax and reflect!

Live. Laugh. Love.

Melissa 

No comments:

Post a Comment